For those days when you are just craving something warm and fresh out the oven, this Raspberry Protein Bread is just perfect!
Today is 1 June so it is officially wintertime! And if you are anything like me, winter is a time where your body craves something nice and warm to eat-salads are out and soups are in. With the soups and stews come extra cravings for something sweet, warm bread and extra treats! Not ideal if you are trying to still fit into your jeans by the end of winter. Healthy alternatives are always a life-saver for me when it comes to the sudden extra cravings!
(By the way did you know why your body is suddenly experiencing extra cravings? Your bodies’ resting metabolism is raised during the colder months to burn calories to keep warm-hence the increased appetite; with this being said, it definitely is not a free pass to pig out and consume bad calories )
For those days when you are just craving something warm and fresh out the oven, this Raspberry Protein Bread is just perfect! It is superfast and easy to make and hits the spot for the sweet tooth as well! Plus, it is packed with extra protein (good for those blood sugar levels and muscle recovery after a hard training session), and filled with raspberry and banana goodness!
-3 very ripe Bananas mashed
-1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
-1/4 cup raw Honey
-1 Tsp Baking Soda
-1 cup Fresh raspberries
-Pinch of Cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl together, except the raspberries.
- Use a spoon/spatula to combine all the ingredients.
- Once the mixture is nice and thick in consistency, fold the berries in with a spoon/spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-lined bread/cake tin and bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius, for about 20-35 minutes-or until brown.
- Using a skewer, poke the banana bread, and if it comes out clean your bread is ready!
Let me know how your version came out, and enjoy!
by Yolande Pretorius