If you have ever wondered how to make your own healthy version of granola at home, the answer is it’s the easiest thing ever!
Guilt-Free Granola without all the sneaky hidden sugars
Working with many people, we have realised that the majority of people still see the average Granola from the store or restaurant as the healthiest breakfast option. We always end up preaching to our clients and family/friends about the scary amount of unnecessary
If you have ever wondered how to make your own healthy version of granola at home, the answer is it’s the easiest thing ever! Making your morning treat of Granola yourself means you can control what goes into your Granola plus make sure no unnecessary calories from sugars gets added. This way, Granola actually becomes healthy again! 😉 You can also add all your favourites to the basic Granola recipe, so think nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs (not chips J ), and all your favourite seeds for some much needed energy for the day ahead!
Ingredients (6 serves):
4 cups oats
½ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup honey
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup nuts of choice
Extras(Pick your favourite):
2/3 cups dried cranberries
60g coconut flakes
50g cacao nibs
60g pumpkin seeds
60g sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place the honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until the coconut oil has melted.
3. Place the remaining ingredients, except the cacao nibs if using these, in a large bowl. Add the honey and coconut oil mixture and mix until well combined. Ensure that all the ingredients are coated in the honey and coconut oil mixture.
4. Evenly spread the granola over the two lined trays and spread out thinly. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir, ensuring that the granola is spread out evenly and thinly again. Bake for another 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Set the trays aside until the granola is completely cooled and crunchy. Stir through the cacao nibs if using.
6. Serve one-sixth of granola with milk/yoghurt and fresh fruit of your choice. Enjoy!
Store the remaining granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
by Yolande Pretorius