It is always a good idea to have some homemade and healthy snacks available…
To have cravings is totally normal, but it is how we react to these cravings that is so very important.
When these crazy cravings strike, it is so easy to forget everything we know about nutrition and wellness, forget about our goals and grab anything we can get our hands on. We always say that if you keep good food in your house; you will eat good food. The same goes for “in case of craving snacks” J
It is always a good idea to have some homemade and healthy snacks available, when those cravings strike you are sure to be 100% prepared and won’t be tempted to grab anything in sight. This lemon poppy seed loaf is a winner when it comes to delicious snacking, and even works as a yummy breakfast option. Kids also love this loaf, so it is sure to be a hit with the entire family! And did I mention; super easy to make? J
- 2 ½ cups of rolled oats (I used good old-fashioned Jungle oats-finely rolled)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°
- In a large bowl warm combine all your ingredients (easiest is to first mix all wet ingredient, mix and then add dry ingredients)
- Line a loaf pan with some baking paper or spray some Spray & Cook.
- In a large bowl combine your oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt. Add your pumpkin, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
- Bake on 80°C for about 30-40 minutes, or until loaf is golden brown and cooked.
*Serving size is 2 slices for most (obviously dependant on your daily activities, age etc). Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee or tea for maximum happiness and enjoyment 😉
by Yolande Pretorius